Litsong manok recipe by famous food blog ‘Panlasang Pinoy’
The “litsong manok” is just the unique Filipino style of the famous Roasted Chicken.
Litsong Manok always comes out on special occasions like fiesta, family gatherings, etc.
Filipinos, known not only for the passion of cooking but also on creating wonderful business enterprise, made this dish, a star for starting new food line businesses. As a matter of fact, there are three unique tasting litsong manok food enterprises in the Philippines, and these are Sr. Pedro, Andok’s and Baliwag Litsong manok.
This Litsong Manok is also another chicken dish that is very easy to cook. The only thing that you must take note of is the preparation time of the chicken. You must really take big deal on the sauce where you will marinate your chicken, because the flavor of the marinating sauce will serve as the foundation of your dish.
Enjoy this litsong manok recipe courtesy of Panlasang Pinoy:
Litsong Manok Recipe
- 1 (2 to 3 lbs.) whole chickenMarinade
- 4 thumbs ginger, crushed
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bottom part crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ cups 7-upStuffing
- 1 stalk crushed lemongrass (tanglad)
- 2 bunches of green onions (dahon ng sibuyas)Instructions
- In a large bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients. Mix well.
- Place the chicken inside a large re-sealable bag. Pour the marinade in the bag with the chicken. Put the onion and lemongrass inside the cavity. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and then stuff with fresh lemongrass and green onion.
- Prepare to roast the chicken on the grill by skewering the entire fowl on a spit and secure both sides with a grill fork.
- Spit-roast (or i-litson in Tagalog) for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until the chicken is done
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with lechon manok sauce and atchara.
- Share and enjoy!